Pages

Blogroll search

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Trip to Portobello Market


On Saturday my friend and I decided to go to Portobello Market. The market is full of stalls that have everything you could think of. For me it is the mixture of clothes (vintage and new) and the food that I love as these are 2 of my favourite things. To get there we got of at Notting Hill gate station although it is also a short bus ride from where we both live in North West London. 

We actually got there a little (very) late and some of the stalls were packing away but undeterred we continued as there were still plenty of stalls open and plenty for us to look at and try. 

Alice's Portobello Road.
For some reason i was on a mission to find a hat (my new obsession) and at the beginning of the market found a cute hat for £35 which I almost purchased.. But as any new respectable market shopper will know you can always get a better price once you go further into the market. so of we went. I managed to get my hat below for £15! BARGAIN!!! I justified this purchase as this hat will get me through all seasons.

The best thing about the market is if you know how to haggle you can get some really good things for a good price.

Justification = An all season hat! 
Hat for £15 100% wool
Once we had finished at the market my friend and I went to a lovely pub called the first floor portobello for some hot spiced cider. I would definitely recommend going.The place had a great atmosphere and music playing in the background which was loud enough for you to hear but not soo loud you have to scream to have a conversation. I shall definitely be going again
Hot spiced cider for 2 please! 
The new hats first outing! 

I almost burnt myself taking this pic!


I also purchased skull headphones from Accessorize. I have recently been losing headphones at least once a week and thought that hopefully these weightier ones would help me realise when they drop out of my pocket. So far so good..... it has only been 4 days.
Skull headphones

No comments:

Post a Comment